Friday, January 27, 2012

Whole Wheat Butterscotch Oatmeal APPLE Cookiess


O yes. I created a MASTERPIECE.

Seriously, sometimes my genius amazes me.

Tonight I wanted something sweet, but my cupboards were looking a little bare. I had this great recipe for whole wheat butterscotch oatmeal cookies...so I decided to tweak it and add some fruit! I had a few apples laying around so I peeled one, chopped it up, and decided to throw it into whatever recipe I made.

Whole Wheat Butterscotch Oatmeal APPLE Cookies
Adapted from Heavenly Homemakers



Ingredients:
-3/4 cup melted butter
-1 1/4 cup brown sugar
-1 egg
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1 cup rolled oats
-1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I use king arthurs)
-1/2 cup butterscotch chips
-about 1 cup chopped apple (I used a gala apple) (make sure you peel it before you chop it!)
-Cinnamon sugar mix (optional for sprinkling on before they bake!) (you know, ~1/4 cup sugar to 1tbsp cinnamon!)


Baking Steps:
1) Stir together melted butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl
2) Add egg, baking powder, vanilla extract and baking soda
3) Mix in flour, oats and butterscotch chips
4) Add apple!
5) Place tsp sized balls on cookie sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture, just a pinch on top of each cookie
6) Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees (basically until golden brown...oven times may vary)




Mmm, look at the butterscotch chips and apple chunks!


No comments:

Post a Comment