Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies


Yea, you heard me.

Oatmeal. Chocolate. Butterscotch. Cookies.

I needed to bake tonight. I REALLY needed to bake. Does that ever happen to you?

Well, I am out of granulated sugar and I only had about a cup of chocolate chips and a cup of butterscotch chips...so I asked myself..."what can I do with these?" and BAM. Inspiration.


The original recipe calls for granulated sugar but I just substituted brown and they taste great!



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies
Adapted from the Quaker Oatmeal Container
Makes 2 dozen cookies


Ingredients:
-1 stick unsalted butter, softened
-3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
-1 egg
-1/2 tsp. vanilla
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-1/4 tsp. nutmeg (my secret ingredient!)
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
-1 cup of chocolate chips
-1 cup of butterscotch chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a separate bowl.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
6. Add oats and chips (or whatever mix-ins you feel like); mix well.
7. Let the dough chill in the fridge for a bit if you'd like.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown!




~Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment