Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I have a really bad habit.

Ok, I have a few bad habits but this is the only one that often has DELICIOUS repercussions: baked goodness. You see, I have a tendency to spend way too long in the grocery store. I pick things up. I put things back. I wander around for about an hour. I talk myself out of purchasing things so I have to take another lap. You get the idea. Basically, I look like a crazy person.

That being said, when I buy bananas I think to myself "I LOVE BANANAS"...so I buy the big bushel instead of the little bushel. Then the poor bananas sit on the counter for days and start to turn brown.

Well, this recipe is the cure for all brown bananas.


Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Adapted from: The Best Banana Bread
Makes 1 loaf
Ingredients:
-1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar and it still tasted fabulous)
-1/2 cup oil
-2 eggs (I used one egg and two egg whites)
-1 cup mashed ripe bananas
-1/2 cup sour cream (I used the 'light' version)
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 1/2 cup flour
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1/2 tsp. salt
-Milk Chocolate chips (I honestly never measure...I put them in until it looks right)
-Dash of cinnamon (I added this...I love cinnamon)
1) Heat the oven to 350 degrees.  
2) Grease and flour bottom only of a loaf pan (I used a glass one and this worked perfectly).  
3) In large bowl, beat together sugar and oil.  Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla; blend well.  
4) Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.  Add flour, baking soda and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.   
5) Pour into prepared pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes (about 40 minutes for smaller loaf pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes clean.  
6) Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.  Cool completely.  Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

Yes, that is a peter rabbit plate.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment